Did you know vegetables can help you prevent hair loss? Apart from eating them, you can also make hair packs out of them and use it to promote hair growth.
Following are the list of natural packs to beat hair loss.
1. Onion : Rich in antibacterial and anti fungal properties, use of onion for hair truly helps keeps hair loss at bay.
- Peel the onions and cut them in 4 parts
- Blend these pieces in a juicer/grinder
- Add a little water and then filter the juice using a muslin cloth.
- Add one to two teaspoons of honey to it
- To do away with the odour, use rose water with onions
- Massage this mixture on scalp in circular motion. Keep it for 40 to 50 minutes
- Then wash this off with a mild shampoo
2. Potato : Potato is loaded with nutrients that stimulate hair growth. Applying a potato hair pack can arrest hair loss and promote hair growth.
- Blend two to three potatoes and extract the juice
- Whisk the yolk of an egg until slightly frothy
- Add the potato juice, one tablespoon of honey and small amount of water to the egg
- Mix all ingredient and apply the mixture on scalp
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wash it off with a mild shampoo
3. Garlic : Sulphur content in garlic makes it useful remedy in regenerating the hair follicles on the scalp and promoting the hair re-growth. Apply fresh garlic juice on scalp. To avoid skin allergy or irritation on scalp, better mix garlic juice with other ingredients like castor oil, olive oil or yogurt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon garlic paste
- Mix it with 1 tablespoon of castor oil, yogurt and honey each, let the mixture sit for a while at room temperature.
- Apply the mixture on roots of hair with massaging movements.
- Leave it on head for 30 minutes and wash it off with mild shampoo.
4. Coriander : Coriander is very rich in antioxidants which are required by body to fight free radicals.It helps effectively to promote hair growth and combating against hair fall by providing necessary nutrients
- Make a paste with freshly chopped coriander leaves and water.
- Use its juice to apply on the scalp.
- Keep it for about an hour and then wash it off.
5. Carrot: Carrot is a concentrated source of vitamins A and C and antioxidants. Carrot hair mask helps in repairing the damaged hair and treats the dry and frizzy tresses.
- Boil some carrots.
- Grind and blend them in the same water you boiled them in.
- Apply the paste on your scalp and leave it on for 30 minutes then wash it off.