The evergreen legendary actress who had a career spanning five decades was loved all over, died at the age of 54. Here are some lesser known facts about her –
1. Her real name was Shree Amma Yanger Ayyappan.
2. She made her debut at the age of four, with a mythological film, ‘Thunaivan’.
3. She was approached for a small role in Steven Speilberg’s ‘Jurrasic Park’, but she declined the role because she felt it didn’t suit her stature at that time.
4. Sridevi was down with 103 degrees fever, while shooting Chalbaaz’s famous song ‘Na Jaane Kaha Se Aayi Hai’.
5. She named her daughters Janhvi and Khushi after the names of the heroines in her husband Boney Kapoor’s films, ‘Judaai’ and ‘Hamara Dil Aapke Pass Hai’.
6. Sridevi was the playback singer in ‘Sadma’, ‘Chandni’, ‘Garajna’ and ‘Kshana Kshanam’.
7. Unable to speak Hindi during her debut in Hindi film industry, Sridevi first dubbed her dialogues for the film Chandni.Rekha dubbed for Sridevi in Aakhree Raast and former actress Naaz dubbed for her in some movies before Chandani.
8. Sridevi and Salman Khan bonded over the painting.
9. Bollywood’s first female superstar Sridevi was the highest-paid Hindi film’s actress from 1985-1992.
10. She was awarded Padma Shri in 2013 by Government of India, which is the fourth highest civilian honour.
11.The ‘English-Vinglish’ actor was fluent in several languages including Tamil, Telugu, Hindi and English.