Turmeric (Curcuma longa) has been used in India for thousands of years and is a major part of Ayurveda medicine to treat various diseases. It was first used as a dye, and then later for its medicinal properties. Its main constituent curcumin has been known to have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that promote good health. According to a new study published in the “American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry”, “daily consumption of a certain form of curcumin, improved memory and mood in people with age-related memory loss.”
Turmeric is probably the most powerful spice in Indian dishes. Some other Health Benefits of Turmeric:-
- Turmeric improves body’s ability to digest fats, reduces gas and bloating.
- Turmeric treats skin conditions like psoriasis, acne, and eczema.
- Turmeric can help prevent diseases like cancer and diabetes.
- Turmeric gives relief from mild joint pains and inflammation.
- Turmeric is every grandmother’s pet suggestion to treat any cut, burn or infection.
- Turmeric helps stimulate the immune system.
- Turmeric is instrumental in promoting good liver health.
- Turmeric is helpful in the treatment of certain brain conditions like Alzheimer’s and depression.
So, this magical spice turmeric is a source of anti-fungal, anti-microbial and anti-bacterial extracts and promotes overall well – being.